Tuesday 22 June 2010

I Don't Allow Stardom To Get Into My Head - BERE

Have you been following the recent series of Wale Adenuga’s Production, Super Story? Then you must have been thrilled by the superlative performance of this screen diva in the series titled Evil Genius.

But Bhaira Mcwizu aka Bere – that’s her real name – is not a new face in Nollywood. Having broken into limelight in 2007 when she won the Amstel Malta Box Office (AMBO) talent hunt show, the graduate of Philosophy from Lagos State University (LASU) has featured in many blockbuster movies and Television shows.
Despite the fame that comes with stardom, Bere keeps her head cool and thus has managed to escape the various scandals and controversies which Nollywood stars are known for.
In her own words: “Though it is an elevation, I have never allowed it to get into my head. I have remained my humble self, maintained my friends and there is nothing crazy about it.”
She adds: “Since the AMBO was over, I have been acting, doing shows on television and stage play as well. My hands are full. There are so many ideas on my head but I know that you cannot be jack of all trades and master of none. I take it step by step. I play the lead role in the new TV series of Super Story by Wale Adenuga,. My name there is Pat Domcat. I am married to Yemi Solade. The production by Omotola which is shown on Africa Magic, has been working and I think it is paying off.”

No comments:

Post a Comment