Thursday 3 June 2010

I Knew Of My Husband's Girlfriend Before I Married Him - RONKE OSHODI-OKE

Nick-named “Oshodi-Oke” due to her big boobs, Ronke, the celebrated star of the Yoruba genre of Nollywood, recently shed light on why she married late despite pressures from men. She also admitted having knowledge of her husband’s dealing with his ex-girlfriend even before they got married.

She said: “The lady lives in Surulere. I knew about her even before we got married. My husband and I have been together for 11 years. We got married last year. We had been together even before I had my baby and before he had his own baby. He has a daughter and I have a daughter too. Our relationship was on and off before we finally decided to get married and settle down. Maybe during the period our relationship was on and off, he had a lady friend and I asked him about her. I knew the girl wanted to see me. She just wanted me to know he was dating her. You know how some girls behave. But after our marriage, my husband said he and the girl had not seen each other. Since then, things have been fine with us.”
Many people had been worried as to why Ronke, with all her beauty and carriage, was not married until she eventually got married last year. Some even said maybe men did not fancy her as a wife. But the star actress said she was bidding her time. “
“I have seen a lot in life. As an actress, you will be exposed to a lot of things in life. You don’t rush into marriage. You don’t marry because you want to marry. You must marry your friend, the person you understand. Having a baby for someone is different from getting married to him. If you jump into marriage, you will jump out of it as well. If you rush in, you will rush out. You must get everything right before you get into it. You have to ask yourself if you really must get into that marriage. You must be sure of what you want to go into. I know it is God that perfects marriage. But you still have to ask yourself if you are ready to get into it. You have to be very ready. That was why it took us that long. We just had to be sure,” she explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment