Friday 10 December 2010

"Some Nollywood Movies Are Insults On Nigerians" - DORIS SIMEON




 Nollywood star actress, Doris Simeon Ademinokan, is one woman you cannot but admire in the Nigerian entertainment industry – not just because of the way she has managed to be scandal free but also her quest for excellence in the industry.


Eleven years after she cut her teeth on the set of the Papa Ajasco series, Doris has since moved up the ladder of success by snatching up key roles in some major movies in the Yoruba movie genre.

With major roles in movies like Oloju Ede, Alakada, Ten Million Naira, Modupe Temi among others in the kitty, Doris has also tried out her hands as a producer.

Recently, the screen diva assessed movies from Nollywood and described some of them as an insult on Nigerians.

Hear her “Sincerely speaking, there are some movies you watch, that are not worth your while. I saw one the other day and it was like one of these comedies stuff called Alfa Sule. And I wondered why some producers could go to the extent of producing such sub standard movies all in the name of movies. My response to such movies is, even if you want to do comedy, you could do that with a good script and not insult Nigerians with thrash.”

Doris in action
On the average, Doris says the coming of Nollywood into the Nigerian entertainment industry, has paid off but advises practitioners to up their game in order to raise the standard of the industry.

“Of course it has paid off. When I started years back, I was wondering if I can actually stay long in the industry, now I am wishing, praying and working toward becoming one of the persons that will help turn around the movie industry. We may not succeed like Hollywood, but we can change one or two things to make the industry become more competitive,” she submits.





1 comment:

  1. Thank for the information. I would love to read more comments on this page because I learn something new everyday. I will also share this information with my friends. nice one!

    Nollywood Movies

    ReplyDelete