Tuesday 19 October 2010

KANU NWANKWO: I'm Not A Member Of IBB's Campaign Group

At last, Super Eagles striker and international soccer star, Kanu Nwankwu, has come out to debunk the claim that he has joined the IBB Presidential Campaign Group.

Penultimate week, rumours went round town that the footballer had given his unalloyed support to the former military dictator. But a visibly angry Kanu says, far from getting associated with IBB, he’s a professional footballer and social figure who rrespects his public image.
In his words, “How can anybody claim I have joined Babangida campaign train? It's all rubbish and laughable. I am not a politician and I have not endorsed anybody for any election. I am a professional footballer with a reputation and I cherish my image so much. I'm not campaigning for any politician."
A Lagos based political analyst who pleaded anonymity, , said it was possible IBB’s group was trying to ride on the popularity and brand equity of the football star to win more supporters to its side.

No comments:

Post a Comment