Tuesday 26 October 2010

"Why My Marriage Has Remained Intact" - KATE HENSHAW

While some Nollywood stars are falling in and out of love almost every other day, with the industry recording a pile up of divorces and failed marriages, some have had theirs remain not only intact but also scandal-free.


Amongst the latter few is Kate Henshaw-Nuttal whose 11th year old marriage is still as strong as ever despite her starring in many romantic movies.

Of course, the star actress would not mince words before telling you that the secret of her marriage success lies in her UK born husband who comes from a culture that is far more socially advanced than Nigeria.

According to her, “Celebrities' marriages are not the only ones crashing. Marriages are crashing everywhere. But maybe because we are in the limelight, the stories of celebrities are constantly in the news. The media is at the ready to advertise everything about us. My husband is very much in support of my job. We have been married for the past 11 years, and he knows how hard and demanding my job is. He also knows that I am not always at home, and whenever I am with my family, I spend quality time with them. If the job comes, and he says go, I will go. If he says don't go I will sit down.”

Kate also spoke on the new development in Nollywood in which movie stars are now becoming producers.

“It is not all of them that are producing. You have to be behind the camera, study the whole process, know how to direct, know how to produce before venturing into it. Not because this person is producing, me too, I must do my own too. Anything worth doing is worth doing well,” she submitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment