Wednesday 13 October 2010

"My Husband Ensures I Do Not Kiss In Movies" - THELMA OKODUWA

In Nollywood, it’s different strokes for different folks with regards to married actresses and how tolerant their husbands are towards their playing romantic roles in movies.

While the likes of Omotola Jalade do not have a qualm acting romantic roles, Nollywood diva, Thelma Okoduwa says her husband is allergic to such roles.
helma explains: “He has a problem with that but at least he believes in me. Before we got married, he used to insist on going through the script before I accept any role to ensure I won’t be kissing anybody.
But right now he’s fine with it. It’s not as if he’s giving me the free hands to do all that but there’s a limit to which I can go.”
On how she met her husband, the star actress says: “I actually met my husband in the course of my job when I went to Abuja to do a stage performance. He didn’t come to watch the show because he’s not a Nollywood fan so he didn’t know me at all. But somehow I ran into him through a friend.”
The screen diva also explains the reason she’s always wearing jeans.
In her own words, “Most times you’ll find me in my jeans because I’m most comfortable in them anytime, any day.They’re comfortable and smart. My husband does not really have a problem with what I wear though I’m not the type who goes overboard in my dressing. I wear clothes that accentuate my figure and I know the difference between looking sexy and decent.”

No comments:

Post a Comment