Tuesday 9 November 2010

"Why I Don't Have A Rival In Nollywood" - JENNIFER ELIOGU

Unlike some Nollywood star actresses - taking Genevieve Nnanji and Omotola Jolade as a case study - who indulge in bitter rivalry and battle for supremacy in the industry, Jennifer Eliogu, the beautiful screen diva from Nollywood, says she has no such rivary with anyone in the industry. And she explains why.

According to her "I have never had one, you know why? I have never seen myself as a super star, I see myself as ever growing in and out of season. I have no reason to rival with anybody. I am me, uniquely me. I talk me, I walk me, I dress me. I don't live like anyone, I don't talk like anyone, it is just me and my small world. My job is my job, any role I play is because it is meant for me. I don't assume "oh that is what should have been given to me". I am not particular about playing lead roles, it doesn't matter to me if it is a lead role or anything. What matters to me is giving it the best interpretation. So I don't have to rival with anyone.

"
The beautiful actress also uses the opportunity to assure her fans that, even though she doesn't feature in many movies these days, she's still very relevant in the industry.

"People think that when you feature in many films, it means you are moving forward. For me, that is not exactly what it is. Like I always tell people, I am not the everyday actor but I have made impact in the job that I have featured in, and I work depending on the script, depending on the cast. Again, the goodwill we have as Nollywood ambassadors have opened doors and we are using this goodwill to do good and that is moving forward for me," she states.

No comments:

Post a Comment