Wednesday 1 September 2010

"No Man Can Come Between Me And God" - DA RAP GODDESS

In the present crazy showbiz industry, where the career has led many – even so-called gospel musicians – away from God, the likes of Emmanuella Eberechi Chilaka, fondly called Da Rap Goddess by her fans, deserve some amount of commendation.

The Nigerian gospel artiste who resides in Ghana, recently explained why she has been able to remain true to herself despite the ruggedness of the industry and what society expects of its practitioners, saying God comes first in her life before every other thing.
She says “What matters is that I know myself and God knows who I am. I don’t have a problem with how they may want to see me, as long as they don’t tarnish my image and relationship with God. That is where I will have a problem, but no matter how they see me, I don’t have a problem with it.”
On her new album: “I’ll say it’s a dream come true. I dropped it here in Nigeria on June 19. It was more than I expected as many people were in attendance, even artistes. It was a thing of joy because they liked the songs. I am yet to release it in Ghana though. Although the first video for this album was shot in Ghana, I still feel there is no place as home. I want to give the love to people here in Nigeria before I take it anywhere else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment