Tuesday 20 July 2010

"How Silent Night robbed me of an award" - SEGUN ARINZE

Segun Aina Padonu, also known as Segun Arinze, is a frontline star in Nollywood, whose face has appeared in the posters of many blockbustres. Arinze has put in over 25 years in acting and is currently the president of the Actors Guild of Nigeria.

It is not unusual hearing people refer to Arinze as “Black Arrow”. This is on account of his lead role in the movie “Silent Night”, which actually brought him fame. Ironically, however, while “Silent Night” unveiled his rich acting potential, the movie cost him an Encomium award due to the dubious character of “Black Arrow” in the movie.
Hear Arinze: “When I did Silent Night, there were many challenges playing that role, Black Arrow. I also lost an award in the process when we had Reel Awards from Encomium, because one of the judges on the panel said he had just been robbed and shortly after that, he watched the movie, Silent Night and said no! no!, this was too real. Moreso, many people think I am a very terrible person because of the roles I play. I am a very private person, extremely private. I can’t reconcile acting with my person, they are two distinct things. I don’t even mix them up. When I finished, I drop the script and it ends there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment