Wednesday 21 July 2010

People Think I Am Old But I Am Just 30 - BENITA NZERIBE

Benita Nzeribe, the beautiful Nollywood star actress, who is known for acting bitchy roles in movies, is a journalist’s delight any day – with her straight and direct answers to questions.

Benita recently informed that contrary to what people think about her age, she’s just 30 years old.
She explains: “Yes, people think I am old. But I tell them that at the end of the day, the truth will come out. Age is something you can’t hide. When it comes, it announces itself. Again, I started off quite early. At 18 I was already a star. So, people tend to look at me and say, ‘12 years ago, she was already reigning.’ So they think, ‘Oh, no, she is 35, she is 40 and all that.”’
On how she has been able to cope with stardom, Benita has this to say: “It’s learning how to appreciate what God has done for you. When people appreciate me, when they cluster all over me in appreciation, I say God, thank you. I do ask Him whether all these appreciations are for me? I mean, you can’t see me trying to segregate and all that. Everybody is equal even if you are dirty and you want to hug me, I will still hug you. You know, somehow you make someone’s day and at the end of the day, that person says a silent prayer for you, asking God to bless you more. That’s what I do and I don’t touch people’s ego, especially men. A man would always like to woo you, make passes at you. But then, you say no; but don’t touch his ego because he is an African man. If you touch his ego, he would show you he is a man. I know I’m an African woman and I know how to handle such situations.”

No comments:

Post a Comment